Adult Content Warning

You have entered a site intended for ADULTS ONLY. If you are under the age of 18, or if it is illegal to view such material in your community, please exit this site immediately. This site contains mature content including but not limited to; articles, discussions, pictures and other materials that some people may find offensive. If such materials offend you, please exit this site immediately.

Monday, November 12, 2012

The Pencil

The following was sent to my group at work as part of a team building affirmation series.

When I read it, my first thought was "Which one of the HoH's in Blogland works at my company?"  I'm convinced that whoever wrote this is an HoH/Dom or at the very least, has those tendencies. LOL

A Pencil maker taught the pencil five important lessons just before putting it in the box:
  1. Everything you do will always leave a mark.
  2. You can always correct the mistakes you make.
  3. What is important is what is inside of you.
  4. In life, you will undergo painful sharpenings, which will only make you better.
  5. To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.

Are you the Hand or a Pencil?

I think it applies more to DD/TTWD than it does to any job.  Just sayin'...

What do you think?




20 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I think I would switch to a pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choke! Now you will be looking at every person wondering 'who' is the HOH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I have to go in to the office Minelle!

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I'm more of a finger paint girl.

    But holy hoh e ness! Funny how you see things so differently once you begin ttwd. I now give double takes on tons of things seen and said !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Willie - I know that sometimes I see TTWD where it was probably never intended but sheesh - this? HoH or HoH tendencies. :)

      Delete
  4. LOL! So at work are you the hand or the pencil? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL BB - bit of both actually. Depends on the project. ;)

      Delete
  5. Jeepers....that is spooky. I see dd everywhere, but that is glaringly apparent, you don't need to read ttwd into that message - someone where you work is an HoH with an itchy palm, Cat.
    The pencil or the hand that holds it? I know which one I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you Lillie! Yup, you're the pencil and Ian's the hand. ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow, too scary, definitely an HoH! Bet you will be watching everyone closely for more clues as to who is the HoH in your midst Lol.. Funny how you see dd everywhere, or can read it into just about anything isn't it?

    Hmm, I know which one I am too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank the good Lord and all the stars and that I work from home and don't have to go into the office that often Roz! Will sure be watching for itchy palms when I do!!!

      Delete
  7. Team building...bottom burning...it's all mostly the same thing right?

    OH dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess so Susie, at least according to whoever wrote this. LOL

      Delete
  8. I'm innocent. I swear I don't work at your company.
    What could they mean? Teams of pencils doing all the work the computers used to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering Bas - I do work for an international company and I'm sure they have offices near you. Thanks for clearing that up.

      LOL - Wonder what would happen if I asked what was meant by 'teams of pencils doing all the work'. Nah - don't think I'll do that. ;)

      Delete
  9. Hi Cat. You commented to me on Clint's blog and I finally figured out you have your own. Your blog looks like a lot of fun. Painful sharpenings? I don't like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hey Queenie - welcome. Happy you found me. We have fun over here, share some recipes and sometimes get a bit serious. Never know what you're going to find. LOL

      Painful sharpenings - not fun - but they do help don't they.

      Come back and visit anytime!

      Delete
  10. Lol! Actually, this sounds exactly like what one of our very creative bloggers would have written in a post about her HoH. It also sounds just like one of our HoH bloggers.

    I don't, however, think this is one of the best analogies to use in team building affirmation. Seems more directed at building up the non-management or new staff. I agree it sounds very ttwd/dd!

    Guess what I found at Super Walmart? The last, single, solitary, hidden jar of Caribbean Jerk seasoning. Almost didn't see it mixed in with so many other herbs, spices , etc. Yea me! Loo!

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound exactly like a few HoH bloggers doesn't it Irishey! Bas said it wasn't him. LOL According to the message, our team is the box of pencils - riiiight. :)

      Wooohooo - congrats! Go you!

      BTW - been watching my inbox and still don't see anything from you. :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Respectful comments are always welcome.